Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Shawn Hirn Shawn Hirn is offline

Default Soldering eyeglass Frames

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Anthony Matonak" wrote in message
mc wrote:
How about taking it to a jeweler who can use a harder, stronger kind of
solder and is familiar with metals other than the ones we ordinarily work
with?

For the cost of hiring a jeweler to fix the frames, it's quite
likely he could buy a new set of glasses.

Anthony

Have you priced prescription glasses recently? I wear a progressive lens
with anti-glare coating and darkening lenses. Typical price is about $400.
$500 at one place I checked. Actual cost is probably $20 in material.

True, but the OP could use the original lenses in new frames. There's no
law that says a frame and lenses must be sold together.