Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bruce Barnett[_25_] Bruce Barnett[_25_] is offline

Default What do you look for on a woodturning club website?

ebd writes:

http://www.adirondackwoodturners.org/contents.htm

Some of the stuff hasn't been updated for so long (2002-3) that they
should be ashamed and some of the links have been "under development"
for even longer.

Well, it's good to know they will be hosting the 2005 Totally Turning
conference. I'll have to check back later to get the details. :-)

p.s. I am a member, and they are very active, but the web site is
nearly useless. There is suppose to be a newsletter on the web site,
but the most recent is a year old.

They asked me what skills I have when I joined, and when I mentioned
computers, they said they had lots of people who were "skilled" in
computers.

I think what they are lacking is someone dedicated to constant
improvement and refinement of the web site. Or perhaps no one is
willing to give one such person total control.