Posted to alt.home.repair
J.Lef J.Lef is offline

Default ? on rewiring lamp.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message news:0Jykj.90071$Um6. The
three way function takes place at the socket. Base and line switches
just break the current at one wire to turn them off and on. I don't know
of any switches that will do what you want. Of course, using a line
switch you can turn it off and on so as long as the last setting is what
you want, there is no reaching under the shade.

Thanks Edwin. I understand what you are saying, but
when I install a line switch, which turns it on and off, I am losing the 3
way options on the the lamp socket as well. Before installing line switch,
I had 3 way. After installing line switch, I only have on and off, no matter
if I try the lamp socket, or line switch.
Can you figure whats going wrong, or are there certain
line switches for three way bulbs?
Thanks