Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need age of boiler

"ransley" wrote in message

EP What is 02 trim

Oxygen trim. It chances the fuel mixture for maximum combustion by
regulating either the fuel or air input. There are sensors in the stack or
breeching to read the CO and CO2 and make adjustments accordingly. We have
two 125 HP boilers and to do both will be about $55,000.

We are considering it not so much to save money, but the EPS is regulating
our emissions from our manufacturing process. With the O2 trim we can use
the boilers as thermal oxidizers to reduce emissions.