Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
John Beckman John Beckman is offline

Default Soldering eyeglass Frames

Lead and Tin will not work. I learned how to repair eyeglass frames from my
Dad working in his office. He was an "old school" Optometrist. Back in the
day when Jewelry stores had Optometrists. His office was one of the few
places that repaired broken frames. It requires gold solder and an acetylene
jewelers torch. Quick and easy if you have the tools. It will discolor the
finish some. If you attempt any other method, it will not work for long and
they will be rendered un-repairable. See if you can find a good Jewelers.

john

wrote in message
I can reasonably solder electronics although I get an occasional cold
solder joint. I have this pair of glasses I didn't wear much which
cracked near the temple joint. (The temple cracked). The repair shops
ask too much, compared to what I paid for the glasses. I tried online
to find temples, to no luck. So I'm considering soldering it. My
uncle (a retired EE) told me it would never hold. Part of the problem
is it cracked very near the screw joint. and so would suffer a lot
more torque than if it was further back. Any tips?

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for
Bimbos]