Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ryan Weihl[_2_] Ryan Weihl[_2_] is offline

Default A tip for current measurement with DMM ?

Jamie wrote:

N Cook wrote:
Can anyone improve on the following especially reducing, even
further, the chance of mistakingly using a meter set for current
monitoring on live kit , thinking you are measuring voltage.

Assuming others here are like me, rarely use the current function
of a DVM/DMM.
Leave a gummy bright or contrasting sticker over the ammeter socket
of the meter. When transfering the red lead to that socket then
transfer the label to the function or on/off switch.

The ideal would be some sort of mechanical interlock but I cannot
see how.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

What are you saying? You blew up your meter?
Get a industrial fluke.

but have you considred a clamp-on probe to measure current.
Fluke makes one, forgot model nbr, matches to a particular meter.
The output would be a voltage you can measure with the DMM
that prevented us blowing ddm when measuring currents