The Natural Philosopher

Default oil fired boiler help

pjti wrote:

Grunff wrote in message ...

Thanks so far grunff. Gives me an idea waht to look for, I am guessing
the main fan motor has seized as nothing happens at all. I have yet to
check the power supply but I think its ok. My next step is to strip
out the motor so I can check it / free it off. Is that an easy job ?

After that I may have to call in a professional , I dont want to get
caught for a new boiler as I guess that what will be the verdict even
tho its possibly something simple. My experience is that people these
days tend to replace rather than repair.

peejay

It may be that nothing is calling for heat, or a motorized valve
elsewhere has siezed up.

Does the light come on at all?