Seppo Renfors

Default Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan)

Philip Deitiker wrote:

Eric Stevens says in
:

These words are unambiguous and do not depend solely on the
interpretation of the information posted on Connor's site.

This is not so hard to see, copper comals made in Guerrero and
Xoahaca are made in much the same way they were previous, the
comal being the primary 'tool' made in the region. These comals
are not cast, they are pounded.

Alright, I have to ask - what the hell is a "comal" (it aint
English!)??? I know of a "Comal River" associated with "Guerrero",
there is "Comal County", there is a town in Mexico called "Comal"...
there is something "El Comal" that appears to refer to "great
home-cooking from Michoacan, Guerrero, Jalisco, and Oaxaca, prepared
by Luz Herrera Ibarra, a biology teacher from Acapulco."

It appears to be a utensil/cover plate of some type, but ... but....
"The "comal" used during the Epi-classic was made of clay. The modern
"comal" is a large round cast iron plate placed over a heat source."
Not copper by the look of it and indeed cast!!

[..]

--
SIR - Philosopher unauthorised
The one who is educated from the wrong books is not educated, he is