Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A serious discussion about the need for more gun control

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
Lew: I got a laugh myself. Reading some of the stuff on this message
series reminded me of the expression: "Pole Vaulting Over Mouse Turds".
Stu
"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
"Took" it to class.
Jesus Christ, is this a metalworking hobby forum, or the freaking
American Heritage Book of English Usage? Did everybody get a new grammar
book for Christmas?

Besides, there's nothing at all wrong with "brought," past tense of
"bring," which works perfectly well in that sentence. It's true that I
don't know if it was a "him," but we'll assume the epicene use of "him,"
which is perfectly legitimate in English, so quit yer gripin'. d8-)

Ed Huntress

I laughed for 5 min after reading that. :-)
...lew...

No, mouse turds is what someone *else* does for a living. This is what I do
for a living. And it's not a bad living.

--
Ed Huntress