Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Of Interest -metalworking..uranium

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:10:06 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

snip

You say "when." I would say "if." There's no need for that to occur, no
historical imperative and no trap that we can't get out of. A continuation
of current policies would land us in such a trap, but I don't think it
will
happen.

Unfortunately when the record is examined over the last 35 or so
years there is a remarkable continuity of [apparent]
financial/monitary policy. Its not "its the economy stupid" but
rather "its the stupids' economy."

Not often, but every once in a while, I find that I see things exactly the
same way as some top expert in a field. Even more rarely, I beat him with it
into print. g:

This is Krugman's NYT column for the 18th. OK, I didn't beat him; we wrote
it the same day. And it's not like the various ideas in this column weren't
already floating around in the economics literatu

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/18/op... 7&ei=5087%0A

--
Ed Huntress