Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default A tip for current measurement with DMM ?

N Cook wrote:

Can anyone improve on the following especially reducing, even further, the
chance of mistakingly using a meter set for current monitoring on live kit ,
thinking you are measuring voltage.

Assuming others here are like me, rarely use the current function of a
DVM/DMM.
Leave a gummy bright or contrasting sticker over the ammeter socket of the
meter. When transfering the red lead to that socket then transfer the label
to the function or on/off switch.

The ideal would be some sort of mechanical interlock but I cannot see how.

Some Fluke models beep at you if you select a voltage range with the probe still
plugged into the current socket.

Graham