Posted to rec.woodworking
Twayne Twayne is offline

Default Wow, Popular Magazined advises dangerous procedures

J. Clarke wrote:
Twayne wrote:
Andy Dingley wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:28:52 GMT, "Joe" wrote:

Doesn't Maloof freehand on the bandsaw? That's an operation that
makes me shudder just thinking about it.

It's very hard to screw up on a bandsaw in a way that will take
your
fingers off. I guess Maloof can afford to crimp a blade now and
then.

True, if all you have is a toy bandsaw. You don't know your stump
from a hole in the ground, dingle-berry.

OK, so explain to us how you are likely to hurt yourself freehanding
on a band saw, other than by running your hand into the blade.

And how do you do scrollwork on a band saw without freehanding? Or
are you not aware that that is a standard band saw operation that
would be taught in any training curriculum and is described in just
about any book you pick up about the band saw?

And if you're going to make fun of people's names, then consider that
yours easily goes to "twit" and "****".

--

That's what I figured; ignorance is bliss for you. So far. Too bad.
Also, there is no "us". And you're a dangerous fool.