Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Paul is offline

Default Clausing 5914 VariDrive Wobble

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
Well, I today took the bottom pulley assembly of the varidrive apart,
the part that is attached to the motor shaft, and that wobbles badly.
The wobble is not caused by the plastic bushing at all. It and the
green coating are just fine. (The green coating did have a few score
marks parallel to the shaft, probably from some grit that somehow got
inside.)

snip

Anyone have any other ideas?

Joe Gwinn

Joe

Wish I would have seen this before I went to the shop today. I did find
the spare plastic bushing, it's a red or maroon plastic and I'm
guessing that it's the piece for the movable motor pulley half.

If the damage is to your fixed pulley half and not to the motor shaft I
do have the complete motor pulley assembly (I haven't tried to remove
the fixed half from the motor shaft as of yet). I also have the
original motor but it probably needs new sleeve bearings, side to side
play is undetectable but it probably has about 5 thou vertical play, as
a guess.
It's heavy and shipping would hurt.

I have most all the other drive and hydraulic parts available as well.

If it turns out you need these other parts we'll work something out. I
need alittle something for them to help defray VFD conversion costs

I won't have a chance to get back over to the shop again until next Friday.

Regards
Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.