Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Of Interest -metalworking..uranium

"Why" wrote in message

Have you depreciated your Brownies yet? g

The IRS yes, the City says everything older that 14 yrs is worth 11%
of cost forever!

They're probably right. I'll bet you could get $400 for your Brownies,
don't
you think?

That's close to what the City gets every year taxes on each one, but
hey we have the finest city "workers" money can buy, I see that every
time I have to go to the DMV (which I would rather go to the
dentist).

Now, taxing them is a different matter. I figure that Texas property tax
was
a case of some Texas legislator saying "let's tax their asses," and
somebody
thought he said "let's tax their assets."

My shop land went up 124% last year but they are going to build some
fancy bridges to replace very good ones about 2 miles from my shop.
Which will cause my shop to go up more so they can **** off more
"Free" money. They say they will look cool, but I think they will look
out of place in Dallas which looks like mexico now.

Had to pick out some .40 slugs out of my office door (metal) last
month.

At least your criminals are using upscale guns. I saw some DOJ figures a
while ago that said the average age of a gun used in a crime is 3-1/2 years.
The overall average for legal guns is something like 12 years. I guess
there's a leak somewhere in the instant background check system.

I wish the City could just print money like the feds do.

You could, but who would take it?

--
Ed Huntress