Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Completely & Utterly OT; Handyman charges

HI All

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:05:09 -0000, "Steve Walker"
wrote:

Dave wrote:
Andy Hall wrote:

I think that there is truth in that, but I don't like £49.95. It
looks like a cheap shop gimmick for £50. £45 or £55 looks better
IMV.

After reading my last night's post, I tend to agree with you about
that.

Me too - £49.95 looks like Netto, £55 looks like M&S.

I've agonised over that one as well (with my glass crafts
on the open-air markets).

Eventually decided on pricing pretty much everything in multiples of 5
euro - saves a heck of a lot of mental gynastics working out totals,
and carrying around loads of coin change -
and I don't think that customers are fooled anymore by the ' €24.99 is
much cheaper than €25.00' trick....

Shor myself in the foot in the run-up towards Christmas - offered 10%
off everything - (worked well!) - but used up loads of coins to give
people their discount...

They do say that it still works for larger purchases like cars and
houses - don;t know how true that is ? Got a car to sell in the near
future - maybe I'll try the €XX,750 approach and see if it works...?

I think the 'Netto VS M&S' simile is a good one for the craft sales
though - thanks guys !

Adrian