Posted to uk.d-i-y
Appin Appin is offline

Default Arrrggghhh!!

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Difficulty in understanding that open doors, windows etc. will cause
thermostats to call for more heat and therefore drive up the fuel bill
seems to be more common among women.

I don't believe that this statement reflects anything more than your own
experience, you can't possibly know about all other women. The supporting
opinions from other men on this ng are insufficient.

Of course it reflects more than my own experience -- I wasn't the first
or the second to make the point.
It reflects the experience of many of us, however varied our wives may be.

I think you're in a minority on this issue. It's you against the weight
of evidence thus-far adduced.

It is no doubt true of some men. It is not necessarily true of all
women. It is nonetheless true that there is some correlation between
gender and difficulty in comprehending the point.

Insufficient evidence.

But I suspect that nothing would be sufficient to convince you :-)

On the other hand, it would probably convince a reasonable individual :-)