Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
ebd ebd is offline

Default What do you look for on a woodturning club website?

Charlie,

I would urge you to make sure of one thing. Be absolutely positive
that you can keep everything that you put on the site UP TO DATE. The
local turners club has an extensive site with all kinds of ambitious
stuff. The problem is that what is on there is so out of date that it
tells you nothing about the club. The fact that they don't update has
kept me from even considering joining. If they are that slovenly about
their website I wouldn't expect to gain anything by joining. I even
emailed them to suggest they clean things up but didn't even get a
response. Take a look:

http://www.adirondackwoodturners.org/contents.htm

Some of the stuff hasn't been updated for so long (2002-3) that they
should be ashamed and some of the links have been "under development"
for even longer.

Larry