Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Live or neutral?

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 17:50:44 +0000 someone who may be Unclebill
wrote this:-

As the new fitting has a step down transformer I assume it will be
necessary to wire it correctly i.e. Live to live and neutral to neutral
and somehow fit an earth (the two red cables are contained in an iron
tube conduit).

If the fitting is double insulated then there is no need for an
earth. If you don't know what the symbol for double insulation is
then you don't have the necessary skills to do the work.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh