Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Craftsman Radial Arm Saw

"SBH" wrote in message
news:Cs6dnbHTJNekqAzanZ2dnUVZ_qGknZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
Anyone have any experience or knowledge of Craftsman Radial Arm saw
regardless of the year, though not extremely ancient? The Craigslist ads
in my area have a good selection of those selling the Craftsman saw. Some
are listed as older but working great, one is a newer digital model, etc.
but I was wondering why so many Craftsman models are being sold or are the
sellers really just not using them anymore. Since I'm in the market for a
radial arm saw, I thought I'd consider one for sale, since I'm not ready
for anything expensive just yet.

Any input greatly appreciated

Thank you

I bought a new one in 1979 and built "lots" of furniture with it until 1983.
I added a Craftsman TS in 1983 and the RAS only collected dust from that
point on.

IMHO they are marginally better than a skil saw. I would advise getting a
better brand RAS if you are dead set on getting one over a typical TS.