Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default Two videos of one of my IC-engines I built

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

Nick Mueller wrote:

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Have you ever thought of building a Wankel engine?

Only doable with CNC. No such thing here.

Did they have CNC when they built the first Wankel engines?

Chris

No. They used a mechanical generator to generate epitrochoidal shapes. I've
seen the generator mechanism used by NSU to make the first Wankel engines
for cars. Don't try this at home. g

--
Ed Huntress

I never owned one to take it apart, but the Model Airplane Engine side
of the Japanese company OS Max, made a .30 cu. in. Wankel.

I wonder if they made a scaled down generating apparatus for them.

I had a Mazda RX2, with a 13B rotary transplanted into it. Pass
anything but a gas station. Handled like a pig on stilts, though.

Cheers
Trevor Jones