Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default 2008 Pres

HeyBub wrote:

CJT wrote:

I suggest that the country was so disgusted with the seemingly
corrupt, but competent, Nixon that they picked a righteous, though
incompetent, replacement.

Can't argue that. As a man, I have always thought highly of Carter.
He really cared and I think he tried his best but that is not enough
to be a good president. Ultimately, his incompetence led to his
downfall. He was the poster boy for the Peter Principle.

It didn't help that Reagan was cutting secret deals with the Iranians
while Carter was trying to get our guys out.

Whatever. Reagan's plan worked; Carter's didn't.

And, as we learned with Iran Contra, once a crook, always a crook.