Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default 2008 Pres

In article , Jim Yanik wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote in news:kurtullman-
:

In article
,
BobR wrote:

I have long suspected that there was a secret deal but I have also
long suspected that the deal was rather simple too...You turn our
people loose or we turn Iran into a glass factory.

I think the suggestion was to turn Iran into a parking lot and send
the Marines it to paint the stripes.

ANY 'deal' of any sort would have had to happen AFTER Reagan was
elected.(Nov 7 1980)
By then,the embassy people had been left incarcerated for a year.
(Nov 7,1979)
Reagan could not have made ANY deal before he was elected President.

During his campaign, Reagan made no secret of his plans to respond with force
the moment he took office -- and no declaration of war or consent of Congress
in any form would have been needed. A nation's embassy is sovereign territory
of that nation, and by invading it, Iran committed an overt act of war against
the United States. As Commander-in-Chief, the President is empowered to
respond to overt acts of war on his own authority.

--
Regards,