Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Portable car jump starter.

Terry wrote in news:5445465b-c2bb-47e5-ae88-
:

I have a Black and Decker 450 amp jump starter.

One of those little portable battery packs intended to "jump start" cars?
IMO,garbage.

The car battery was dead because the lights were left on. I wanted to
use the car in the morning. I took the battery charger and put it on
the battery, the night before, intending to trickle charge it.

Which battery? the CAR battery,or the jump-start pack's battery?

The next morning the car would not start and there was no juice in the
charger.

I am guessing that the jump starters are not intended to trickle
charge, although I don't see why.

try reading the manual for that product.(the "jumpstarter")

Also,letting your car battery get drained completely can kill it or shorten
it's life considerably.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik