Posted to alt.home.repair
clot clot is offline

Default Incandescent Bulb Ban -- Motion Detector Fixtures, Poto cell fixtures and other exotic applications

jJim McLaughlin wrote:
terry wrote:
On Jan 19, 12:24 am, wrote:

1. Outdoor Motion Detector Fixtures.

A. I have six (6) of these in various locations around my house.
Five are for
pairs of the standard "flood light" type incandescent bulbs. They
all work fine with incandescent
bulbs. Not a single one will work at all when I replace the
incandescent bulbs with
outdoor fluorescent bulbs.

I don't understand why they wouldn't work unless it's just too cold
for the fluorescents to start up.

snip

I'm confused Terry.

Your E mail addy tells me ou are in canada.

I'm not sure how the US legislation will impact you.

Surelythe folks in Ottowa are not followig tose in DC?

Probably. Here in the EU we are proposing to do similar to similar
timescales!