Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default I had my furnace repaired & they charged me over $700--and the guy was only there a total of 40 minutes.

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:34:51 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Bubba, since you are in the business, it would seem you are in a good
position to answer the OP's question. The OP gave a description of
the parts and labor charges from the bill. You may need more info,
which you could ask for, like the specific furnace and whether the
repair was during normal business hours, etc. But you should be
able to answer the question of whether the repair cost of $700+ was
within reason.

Watch bubba add to the bill his expenses for a two week holiday in the
Carribean too.

Yoh bubba. How long will it take you to install a new furnace? Or to
fix the OP's problem. With all those bells and whistles you say are
necessary you will have to make your time and labor estimate match the
work involved. Now a lot of people lurking here won't know squat
about furnaces. But they know the time taken and can see the labor
taken the last time they had any work done including an installation.
Be inventive.