Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Bush exempts Navy from environmental laws

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:37:20 -0800, Dave Smithers wrote:

Let's see, if I remember correctly it wasn't that long ago that a Chinese
sub surfaced near one of our carriers and it was a complete shock. They had
no idea it was even there. So it's clear that our ability to find submarines
isn't that great, period. Therefore there is no reason to destroy a bunch of
animals for what doesn't even work all that well.

Your ignorance of the difference between "active" and "passive" sonar is
noted. You might want to fix that before you pretend to be an authority
on the subject.

Besides, there are no
"enemy" states with submarines for us to be worried about. We're supposedly
allies and trading partners of Russia and China. So who does that leave for
us to worry about attacking us, India?

Riiiiiiight.

It's just another example of Bush's administration doing what it wants and
daring the rest of the government to do something about it.

Yeah, because it's evil that the commander in chief would want the
military to have some training before they need it.

Hawke

Ah, it's you. Sliterhed out of the killfile again, did you? reflush