Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Bush exempts Navy from environmental laws

Dave Smithers wrote:
look - there may be many arguable things that one would do to protect

the

environment - but right now, there is no urgent need for this sonar, the

US

mainland is not under attack by rogue sumbarines

And if we don't use the sonar, we'll never know when we *are* under
attack until it's too late. Doh!

Let's see, if I remember correctly it wasn't that long ago that a Chinese
sub surfaced near one of our carriers and it was a complete shock. They had
no idea it was even there. So it's clear that our ability to find submarines
isn't that great, period. Therefore there is no reason to destroy a bunch of
animals for what doesn't even work all that well. Besides, there are no
"enemy" states with submarines for us to be worried about. We're supposedly
allies and trading partners of Russia and China. So who does that leave for
us to worry about attacking us, India?

It's just another example of Bush's administration doing what it wants and
daring the rest of the government to do something about it. Frontline had a
program about how they did the same thing with the terror surveillance
programs. They think the president is not a coequal branch of government.
They thing it's superior. Which explains why they act the way they do. But
it's sure good to know they won't be doing it for much longer, after we get
sane people in the White House.

Hawke

What would you call North Korea, your buddy?

Jim