Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rnes1961@hotmail.com is offline

Default How to Insulate Recessed lighting

On Jan 18, 11:51*am, "RBM" wrote:
I don't believe anything is made specifically for this purpose. If you
install any type of insulation close enough to trap the heat, the units may
overheat and shut off by an internal high temperature cutout. I've seen
people make fairly large boxes to cover them, and then insulate over the
box.

wrote in message

I have a bunch (over 70) recessed lights in my house. *I can feel cold
are coming through the lights. *The house was built around 1989 so the
lights can not have insulation touching them. *Does anyone know of
anything I can use to insulate them? *I was thinking of something that
I could put over them (like a jacket or something) that is heat
resistant.

Any ideas??

Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking about using that foil covered
bubble wrap stuff to make housing that would be a few inches bigger
than the light housing. What do you think?