Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] fodrem@gmail.com is offline

Default Painting an exterior plastic column -- Correct Primer to use?

On Jan 18, 6:28*am, ransley wrote:
On Jan 18, 6:38*am, hobbes wrote:

Hi,

My house has these circular columns on the front porch. They are made
of plastic. The white paint that is on them is flaking off and
pealing.

I want to use as the top coat Benjamin Moore Alkyd Exterior house
paint to match existing colors.

What is the correct primer paint to use?

Many thanks, Mike.

*I would call a few paint stores Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams
and a few companies that make columns, Plastics are different Sherwin
Wiliams has a topcoat that bonds to most anything, you will need to
remove the old paint to do it right.

Check out remodelmurrieta.blogspot.com