Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] fodrem@gmail.com is offline

Default Painting an exterior plastic column -- Correct Primer to use?

On Jan 18, 4:58*am, "Clark..." wrote:
hobbes wrote:
Hi,

My house has these circular columns on the front porch. They are made
of plastic. The white paint that is on them is flaking off and
pealing.

I want to use as the top coat Benjamin Moore Alkyd Exterior house
paint to match existing colors.

What is the correct primer paint to use?

Many thanks, Mike.

Mike, it is a good rule of thumb to use the primer that they want you to
use, the recomendation is on the can of paint.
The companies for the majority of the time formulate the primer and top coat
paint to work together,.
I don't know if this holds true for Benny Moore, I'm a fan of Pratt and
Lambert myself.
make sure to use an oil/alkyd base primer.

Clark
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Check out remodelmurrieta.blogspot.com