Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default 2008 Pres

CJT wrote:
HeyBub wrote:

CJT wrote:

HeyBub wrote:

Jim Yanik wrote:

Yes,we ARE fighting a war. Gotta spend money during a war.

Plus 9-11 and the upheaval that caused. And Katrina.

Much of the Katrina resource was wasted -- acres of unused trailers,
etc.
9-11 was awful, but not "double the national debt" awful.

There's nothing "awful" about the national debt being doubled. The national
debt is nowhere near its historical high (as a percentage of the GDP).
Besides, debt is, in the main, good. Even the Democrats are on board.

I disagree. Debt is not good in the abstract. Some background level of
debt is necessary to keep the bonds trading, but less is better. The
Democrats are the fiscally responsible party, and have been for some
time. Republicans try to apply a false stereotype to them, but I think
the populace is waking up to the truth (finally).

"Democrats are the fiscally responsible party, and have been for some
time"

You have got to be kidding or you have your head in the sand and
refuse to look at the record of the democrats over the years. They
are not now nor have they ever been the fiscally responsible party.
This is by no means an endorsement of the Republican party on the same
issue, they have proven to be just as irresponsible in many ways as
the Democrats. Neither can claim any high ground on this point. Only
in the last few years have they (democrats) ever taken fiscal
responsibility for anything and even now, their record is horrible.