Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Painting an exterior plastic column -- Correct Primer to use?

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 04:38:51 -0800 (PST), hobbes
wrote:

Hi,

My house has these circular columns on the front porch. They are made
of plastic. The white paint that is on them is flaking off and
pealing.

I want to use as the top coat Benjamin Moore Alkyd Exterior house
paint to match existing colors.

What is the correct primer paint to use?

Many thanks, Mike.

Use a Benjamin Moore Primer. As all good paint jobs, proper
preparation is required. I used BM primer and BM paint over 12 years
ago on my plastic exterior trim and it still looks good. I added
mildewcide to both primer and paint, because that's a very common
problem in my climate.