Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Wow, Popular Magazined advises dangerous procedures

"Leon" wrote

I indicated Right again to Charlie because Charlie is most often right and
he corrected my misunderstanding of what you had said.

Ever notice that some long, wide boards will simpy not stay moving straight
over the cutter when all available hands are busy on the outfeed side?

My only problem with the method being commented upon is that, on long
boards, and particularly those that approach the maximum width capacity of
the jointer, you often need three hands, two pushing on the outfeed table,
and one on the infeed side to guide the stock past the blades.

But, there's hope for the future!

It's been my contention for some time now that evolution will eventually
give the wooddorker three hands and two more eyes on the back of his head so
no one can sneak up and scare **** out of him whilst attempting to
accomplish these often awkward tasks in the shop.

That said, all bets are off if you have an aircraft carrier flight deck
jointer, like B A R R Y ' S DJ-20!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07