Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Pilot lights keep going out (Worcester)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:17:27 +0000, Andy Cap wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:41:28 -0800 (PST), Nick
wrote:

And now they have made it even more difficult!!!! I hear that you now
need a certificate of efficiency from Corgi and a planning certificate
from your local council (can be issued by a qualified installer).
Without these two documents you will not be able to sell your house. Is
this correct?

I really can't see most people turning down a property they want, for
the cost of replacing a boiler when most gut the place anyway, to put
their own stamp on the house. Anyway, what would happen to all these
knackered houses that get sold through auction ? Some are in appalling
state but they all have to be renovated by someone. Apparently many
purchaser are not bothering with HIPS already.

Any questions I should be asking the B Gas engineer when I call them out
again (for the last time before I ditch them)?

I like Start Noble's suggestion of asking Worcester if spares are still
available. Or you could ask these if they are available, though they
probably wont supply you. Though I did get a replacement cap for mine.

http://www.onlineboilerspares.com/
http://www.mjtcontrols.co.uk/

These might give you an idea of possible prices for replacments. I'm
sure there are others. I've just kept a note of these in the past.

http://www.diyboilers.com/
http://www.discountheating.com/

The only suppliers at the moment who are not so obliging are "Parts
Centre" (part of the Plumb/Build/Drain Centere chain which is the
Wolseley group. They are starting a spares-only-to-card-carrying-pros
initiative. "No card, no parts, no excuses!".