william_b_noble

Default Where to research really obscure engine designs

the peterson automotive museum is on wilshire and fairfax - they would be
one place to look. also the musuem of natual history will have some
suggestions at least.
"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
I've been doing a lot of research on my family, most of whom died before
I was old enough to remember them. Some recent breakthroughs revealed my
grandfather opened a machine shop in 1909 on Aliso Street just east of
Los Angeles. He invested a large sum of money along with some other
folks in a project to develop a rotary engine for cars. The project
failed and everyone lost heavily.

That's about all I know. I frankly hold little hope of learning any
details about this engine, but I'm hoping perhaps someone might know
something about this, or know of some repository of failed engine
development projects. This of course, assumes there was some published
info on this engine.

My original request pinging folks in Ridgecrest resulted ultimately in
meeting with some folks that knew my father and grandfather and is where
I got the lead on this engine. Hoping the vast r.c.m. network will come
through again!

Thanks all,

Jon Anderson