Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I had my furnace repaired & they charged me over $700--and theguy was only there a total of 40 minutes.

On Jan 16, 1:12*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

Larry,
My husband & I were both at work. My mother was at the house & signed.
Believe me if I was there, things would have been different

Where did you get the name of the company that did the work? Was this a
company you'd done business with in the past?

How long has it been possible for you to establish a relationship with a
reputable company? In other words, did you just move to your area, and had
no idea who to call? Or, have you been there for a number of years?

Heh Joe, give the guy a break. He already told you his previous
service guy retired for health reasons and wasn't able to make
recommendation for another company. If your heat was out in the
middle of the night and it was getting cold, how much investigating
would you do? Sure, it's always a good idea to ask around if you
can. But sometimes you may not be able to.

Asking for a diagnosis and cost to repair BEFORE telling them to go
ahead and fix it would have probably gone a long way to avoiding this.