Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default 2008 Pres

In article , CJT
wrote:

I disagree. Debt is not good in the abstract. Some background level of
debt is necessary to keep the bonds trading, but less is better. The
Democrats are the fiscally responsible party, and have been for some
time. Republicans try to apply a false stereotype to them, but I think
the populace is waking up to the truth (finally).

Neither side is the responsible party. Dems began earmarking,
although I have to agree that the GOP perfected it. However, with the
Dems back in charge, their no earmarks policy lasted only a day or two.
Just look at the pork they loaded on to the last Iraq bill.
$2 million for the Ugandan peace process (Senate)
- $5 million for breeding, rearing and transporting of live fish (House)
- $13 million for Ewe lamb replacement and pretension (Senate)
- $20 million for Mormon cricket eradication in Nevada (Senate)
- $24 million for Sugar beat production in Minnesota (Senate)
- $25 million for Spinach growers in California (House)
- $74 million for Peanut storage here in Georgia (House)
- $100 million for the Democratic and Republican National Conventions
(Senate)
- $214 million for Kosovo assistance (Senate)
- $283 million Milk Income Loss Contract program (House)

I wonder what most of this had to do with fighting the war in
Iraq. Anybody that thinks either side is fiscally responsible is
delusional.