Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill Joe AutoDrill is offline

Default Material Hardness Scales...

I was surprised to see hardened steel is rated as being harder than
glass.
I presume this is hardened steel that has almost no structural use
whatsoever due to being so brittle.

Hmm ... did you ever take a chemistry lab course in either high
school or college?

Do you remember how you cut glass tubing to length?

For that matter -- how about the wheel type glass cutters sold
in the hardware store?

I was the troublemaker in school... I walked around with old carbide lathe
tools and put my graffitti-like markings on all the windows... Probably
still there...

Now I work with the troublemakers as a youth leader. What goes around comes
around I guess. G
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.