Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Of Interest -metalworking..uranium

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos shoed that Gunner
wrote on Sat, 12 Jan 2008 13:18:15
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Its going to require that several generations of people be forced to
revise their "Its owed to me" world view, and public executions of
corrupt politicians and their lobbyists.

That might work. OTOH, an interesting observation from a net
pundit: the Dutch legalized all drugs, then decided that was a bad
idea. So they reduced the legal area of decriminalized drug usage to
one or two parks, with the caveat that you could enter, but you
couldn't come out. Meanwhile, they started an aggressive drug
education program in the schools, essentially writing off the "drug
generation" (but being Dutch, they did make sure there was care for
the down and outers.) Eventually, people stopped entering the parks,
and they were closed, as "drug parks". In 2006, after Hurricane
Katrina, it was reported that FEMA did a lot of work in Mississippi,
but little in New Orleans. The suggestion is made that FEMA is
treating New Orleans as the Dutch treated Needle Park (a drain on the
community); while it is helping Mississippi rebuild, as Mississippi is
on the whole, an asset. "Could be", says I, but it is one approach.

And we start that by gutting the NEA and forcing the survivors to
teach basic personal economics, fiscal restraint, personal
responsiblity and the work ethic.

Time for a little Separation of State and School.

Teach the little skulls filled with mush that if they dont produce, no
one is going to ride to their rescue, (and in doing so, build their
own beuracratic empire) and they are going to starve to death in a
card board box someplace, unless they manage to find a Private charity
to care for them for life.

And then we execute all the business management teachers who preach
short term profits and leave out the teaching of long term goals and
responsiblity to the worker, the stockholder and the nation.

Naw, just ban the quarterly report.

If memory serves, it is the Bank of Sienna (Italy), which is
required by the by-laws, to take regular accounts and make charitable
donations. I believe the interval is every five years. So far, over
the last five hundred years,this has proved satisfactory. But then
"the last five hundred years may have been anomalous".

But then, I will admit, I'm a little more squeamish and deplore
the concept of dead bodies everywhere, and I am more inclined to let
people have the time necessary for "amendment of life".
On the other hand, one may take note, that the knowledge that one
is to be hanged in a fortnight, focuses the mind marvelously.

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed