Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ballpark cost of basic new bathroom?

tim (not at home) wrote:
"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...
Eddy wrote:
Are there any people who can give me the ballpark cost of getting the
likes of MFI, BnQ, or Homebase to put in a new bathroom? (New bath
with shower-doors, toilet, bidet, basin, tiling and flooring.)

About 500% more expensive than getting someone proper to do it.

This is not my experience (of both bathrooms and kitchens).

The MFI/B&Q quotes were less than a 'professional' wanted.

That's because they use monkeys.

And of course, what you find out is that most of what constitutes what
you would think of as an installation, is in fact not included..

The Sharps/Dolphins/etc do charge 5 times as much.

Sure. The overhead of running those showrooms, the onsite visits, the
planning and drawing up..costs money.

tim