Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton Mathew Newton is offline

Default Pilot lights keep going out (Worcester)

On 18 Jan, 10:17, Andy Cap wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 00:41:28 -0800 (PST), Nick wrote:
And now they have made it even more difficult!!!! I hear that you now
need a certificate of efficiency from Corgi and a planning certificate
from your local council (can be issued by a qualified installer).
Without these two documents you will *not be able to sell your house.
Is this correct?

I really can't see most people turning down a property they want, for the cost
of replacing a boiler when most gut the place anyway, to put their own stamp on
the house. Anyway, what would happen to all these knackered houses that get sold
through auction ? *Some are in appalling state but they all have to be renovated
by someone. *Apparently many purchaser are not bothering with HIPS already.

Any questions I should be asking the B Gas engineer when I call them
out again (for the last time before I ditch them)?

I like Start Noble's suggestion of asking Worcester if spares are still
available. *Or you could ask these if they are available, though they probably
wont supply you. Though I did get a replacement cap for mine.

http://www.onlineboilerspares.com/
http://www.mjtcontrols.co.uk/

I've used MJT on a number of occasions without any difficulty. Another
one to compare is http://www.keeptheheaton.com/

Mathew