Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] letterman@invalid.com is offline

Default Deburring Conduit (EMT)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 03:10:27 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:59:52 GMT, dicko

Tubing cutters crush the pipe. They're made for SOFT materials like
copper tubing.

BTW: I have always deburred with my side cutters or even plyers.

A tubing cutter is able to crush SOFT materials just as well as EMT. I

You're right. I had a few of those cheapie ones that did. Then I
bought a good one. Actually if you look at the end of any copper pipe
cut with a cutter, there is a bit of an indent (crushing) of the pipe.

usually use a 'step drill' mounted on the end of my portable to quickly
debur the conduit. Really fast and really nice.

Yes, that would work too, and I own a large reamer that works fine.
But like any job, the object is to use as few tools and steps as
possible to get the job done. If I was working on installing
thousands of feet of conduit in a large industrial bldg. I'd have a
jig setup with a motorized deburring tool. But when you're just
installing a few feet in a home, about 10 turns with the sidecutters
(already in my toolbelt), does the job just fine.

Ivan Vegvary