Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default 2008 Pres

On Jan 17, 8:25*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
BobR wrote:

Hell, things were so bad during the Carter fiasco that we measured
life with a misery index. *Some people were either too young to really
remember how bad it was or they simply choose to forget because it
doesn't fit their desire to put down Bush. *Bush is by no measure a
GREAT President but he is far from the worst. *I can name at least
three during my lifetime who were worse. *Carter was by far the worse,
Nixon ran a distant second and Johnson followed Nixon.

I suggest that the country was so disgusted with the seemingly corrupt, but
competent, Nixon that they picked a righteous, though incompetent,
replacement.

Can't argue that. As a man, I have always thought highly of Carter.
He really cared and I think he tried his best but that is not enough
to be a good president. Ultimately, his incompetence led to his
downfall. He was the poster boy for the Peter Principle.