Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default 2008 Pres

HeyBub wrote:

CJT wrote:

ANYBODY who lived through the Carter administration already knows
that Bush was far from the worst.

I lived through the Carter administration. It wasn't good, but Bush
has been much worse.

"It wasn't good?" During Carter's term: Inflation rose from 6% to 12%;
unemployment to 7.5%, interest rates to 20%. Then there was the Iranian
hostage crisis. And we can't forget Carter's response to the Soviet invasion
of Afghanistan: He cancelled the Olympics! When he stood for re-election,
Carter got 41% of the popular vote and 47 electoral votes (out of 537).

Assuming you're not afflicted with BDS, how is the Bush administration bad
for the average person?

Inflation is lower than it's been for a long time (2-3%), unemployment is
below historical averages, taxes have been reduced, the Assault Weapons Ban
expired, we've managed to kill 100,000 or more do-bads, wages are up, the
military is stronger, the Congress is moribund, and the Oval Office doesn't
need steam-cleaning every week.

The inflation numbers are fudged as are the unemployment numbers
(ignoring discouraged workers), the national debt and decline of the
dollar constitute hidden/postponed taxes to be piled on our children,
the deranged are using assault weapons to commit mass murder, we've
killed hundreds of thousands of innocents, wages are NOT up, the
military is weaker, and the Oval Office could use a good cleaning
many who were formerly our friends now would prefer not to deal with
us, education is in free-fall, gasoline prices are through the roof,
and bin Laden is having an easier time with recruitments.

I assume it's your BSE that is blinding you to the facts.