Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignatz Ignatz is offline

Default ForSale: Misc. cutoff blades

I have inherited handful of old HSS cutoff blades. Would like to
sell all or some.

The first batch are "Luers Patented Cutoff Blades" manufactured
by Empire Tool Company. Sizes given below are widths. The
dimensions given are the width at the working end and at the
tail, the height, and the nominal length. Most of them do not
seem to have ever been on a lathe.

Qty Descrip.
4 No. 9M
.250-.197 x 1.120 x 5 1/2
.258-.208 x 1.120 x 5 1/2
.247-.208 x 1.116 x 5 1/2
.285-.285 x 1.112 x 5 1/2

1 No. 8M
.192-.140 x 1.122 x 5 1/2

2 No. 5M
.233-.231 x .870 x 5 1/4
.158-.160 x .856 x 5 1/4

1 No. 4M
.151-.114 x .777 x 4 3/8

The next 4 blades all have been used and each has one or
another kind of "special" grind (V-grooving, U-grooving,
chip breakers, etc....)

3 Pratt & Whitney No. 0 x 1/8
1 Pratt & Whitney No. 0 x 5/32

Plus a couple of what might not be cutoff blades at all. These have a
cross sectional shape very much like a Lufkin No.902 (I dunno what THAT
is, either, but I have a pair of 'em in their original box. Any info?)
1 pc. is .192 wide x 0.739 high x 4.31 long
1 pc. is .223 wide x 1.100 high x 5.50 long
Both are square on one end and have 20 deg. "clearance" on the other.

Please make an offer on all or any by e-mail to
"pkgloger at yahoo dot com"
or leave a message at 413-443-2827. I'll call back.

Thanks,
Paul (Gloger) in Pittsfield (MA)