Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell udarrell is offline

Default Ducting question

dpb wrote:

SteveB wrote:

An AC company came and added heat strips to my heat pump unit. They
also added two ducts. When I checked them, there is very little air
coming out of them. When checking the ducts that were in place,
there's a good flow of air from them. The new ducts are about 20'
long on each leg. Could there be too much resistance to push the air
that far? I would think a little bit, but there's hardly any air
coming out.

What about returns? If there's no return where these new legs go,
they're pushing against a dam...

The above response is apt to be part of problem, there could also be
many other factors that need correcting.
There is a proper way to install ductwork.
The entire ductwork system should be evaluated for proper design &
function in accordance with the "Manual D."
Learn some of the fundamentals so you will know if the contractor is
doing it right:
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_b...syste ms.html

- udarrell . com

--
WISDOM PRINCIPLED EMPOWERMENT COMMUNICATIONS -
THE REAL POLITICAL ISSUES & WISDOM Principled PEOPLE EMPOWERMENT

http://www.udarrell.com/ (Updated Often)
NO attacks on Iran or Pakistan - NO severe economic sanctions, communicate - negotiate!

http://www.udarrell.com/my_pages2.htm (A page full of links to my pages.)

Time to create a "DEPARTMENT OF PEACE - HR 808)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...tment_of_Peace
Moral principled philosophies can save countless lives & Trillions of wasted dollars?

Reality Is Not An Easy Thing To Be Confronted With, or to ACCEPT.