Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default TV buzzes with overly white video

On Jan 15, 1:10*am, Steve Kraus
wrote:
Sony KV-27EXR25, probably 14 or 15 years old. *Back in 2004 I replaced a
failed regulator with help from this NG.

In the past few months I've been getting a loud buzz at certain instances
when there's some overly white video. *Picture flops around a bit too.

It's directly on analog cable and I don't doubt that Comcast may
occasionally have signal levels that are out of spec but it doesn't seem to
bother other sets in the house including one that is a similar Sony, maybe
a few years older even. *So I'm wondering if something is out of whack on
the TV. *Is there a solution (besides the eventual upgrade to digital HD
flat screen)?

Find the sound QUAD coil or discriminator coil and give it a little
tweak until the sound clears up.

If all your TVs buzz on a certain channel when there is heavy white in
the screen, then call Comcast and thell them they are overmodulating
the video.

Mark