Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT. Hacking Democracy.

Robatoy wrote:

wrote:
Don't be a fool by pointing at a supposed tinfoil hat. I'm not wearing
one.
There are 9 episodes...... Truly mind-boggling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzPXer7946E

.... snip

When voting is rigged, democracy dies.

You act as if this is something new. Does the name "Richard
Vote-early-and-vote-often Daley" ring a bell? Chicago, where even the dead
turn out on election day? The University of Michigan (IIRC, may have been
Minnesota) where a number of people admitted to casting multiple votes.
The election of 1960 where the standing joke was that ballot boxes in a
number of precincts had holes so they would sink better. More recently,
Washington state, where they kept "finding" ballot boxes until Maria
Cantwell finally won the recount? Ballot box stuffing is sadly nothing
new, the technology may have changed, but the motivations have not.

No matter what technology is used, someone is going to figure out how to
game the system. That is why all the parties involved have poll watchers
and should be monitoring vote counts. Do you think the Dems would sign off
on a new vote technology they thought was gamed against them ? I would
like to say ditto for the Republicans, but past history seems to point out
that too many of the Republican leadership are more afraid of making waves
and not offending the opposition.