Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Howard R Garner Howard R Garner is offline

Default Finally did it - back to school!

wrote:
On Jan 17, 3:52 pm, "Ivan Vegvary" wrote:

RANT--caution. In states where education is highly subsidized (CA, for one)
it seems to me that people are better educated. I can't think of any adults
in my circle (Oregon) that on a whim are going to pay $ 300 for a U.S.
History class, Spanish lessons, "C" programming language, upholstery, etc.

I'd like to hear from people that live in other states.

Ivan Vegvary

Many states allow "Seniors" to audit courses for a modest fee.
Washington is one of those states as well as Virginia.
They don't tend to advertise the auditing for " seniors ". So it is
worth inquiring about. It is of course on a " if space is available "
basis. In Washington I think one has to be 60 to qualify.

Dan

Here in SC us seniors can go tuition free to the major schools
(Univerities) I do not know about the tech schools

Howard Garner