Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Toilet with rain water?

On Jan 18, 1:09 am, David in Normandy wrote:
Lobster says...

Might be worth trying some Belgian sites - I assume the French if OK? I.d
struggle with the other!

Someone I know who visited New Zealand recently told me that this was
quite big out there, so that might be another avenue to explore - plus
New-Zealandish is easier to understand than French...

David

Yes, New-Zealandish is definitely easier to understand than
French. If you think the UK income self-assessment forms
are bad you should see the ones in French!!! France has a
passion for lots of complicated forms and paperwork. Nation
of bureaucrats etc.

Here in New Zealand, I can tell you that NZ's largest water supply
company (and sewage treatment plant) takes a dim view of you putting
water that they have not supplied down their sewer system.
Rainwater is fine for washing cars and watering the lawn and garden as
long as it doesn't go down the sewer.
So if you wish to use rainwater for flushing the toilet, I suggest a
hidden pipe is best.
And the rainwater tank would seldom be empty. It's easier and much
cheaper to walk around and turn taps on or off a few times a year
rather than have an automatic changeover system which may go wrong.